Catalysing Parliamentary Action to Fight Climate Change
INTER PARES | Parliaments in Partnership – EU Global Project to Strengthen the Capacity of Parliaments is delighted to invite you to the first of its kind Global Virtual Conference ‘Catalysing Parliamentary Action to Fight Climate Change’, taking place on 11-12 May 2021.
The main goal of the conference is to share best European and international practices and lessons learned on parliamentary action on climate change with INTER PARES partner parliaments and other parliaments around the world.
The conference will expose participants to a range of parliamentary innovations on climate change, highlighting the key areas of parliamentary responsibility, including of course legislation, oversight, representation, and the national budget.
Tuesday, 11 May, 09:00 – 12:00 CEST
- Strengthening the enabling environment through climate legislation
- Oversight of the government in the implementation of climate policies and frameworks
- Climate and environmental budgeting
Wednesday, 12 May, 14:00 – 17:20 CEST
- European action on climate change
- Regional and global parliamentary action
- Engaging citizens in decision making on climate
- Parliaments and the sustainable development goals